Saturday, 1st December 2007 : Today's Word is ...
( Adjective )
Pronunciation : in-efekch-ool
1. Insufficient to produce a desired effect
2. Lacking forcefulness or effectiveness
3. Not producing an intended effect
4. Having no beneficial use or incapable of functioning usefully
Futile, Unavailing, Otiose, Useless, Powerless, Ineffective, Inefficacious, Idle, Inefficient, Unable, Impotent
Powerful, Useful, Effective, Able, Potent, Efficient
• She made no ineffectual efforts to conduct her household.
• All these summons proving ineffectual. Mrs Blifil declared she was seriously frightened.
1. Ineffectually : Adverb
2. Ineffectualness & Ineffectuality : Noun
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
Go to The A Word A Day Index
From Ineffectual to HOME PAGE