7th August 2007 : Today's Word-Rudimentary
( Adjective )
Pronunciation : (ru'de-men'te-re)
1. Of or relating to basic facts or principles
2. Being in the earliest stages of development
3. Crude unformed or undeveloped
4. Imperfectly or incompletely developed
5. Of or treating the most basic aspects
6. Of a primitive kind
• The primitive tribe's tools were very rudimentary. In fact, they looked more like rocks than like tools.
• The boy who had lived with wolves for fifteen years lacked even the most rudimentary social skills.
• The strange creature had small bumps on its torso that appeared to be rudimentary limbs.
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
Go to The A Word A Day Index
Synonyms and Antonyms