|:-)||happy (a 'smiley')||:-(||unhappy|
|;-)||winking; just kidding||:-V||shouting|
|:-o||surprised||:-Q||I don't understand|
|:-c||very unhappy||:-X||my lips are sealed|
|X=||fngers crossed||:-P||sticking one's tongue out|
|:-|||bored, indifferent||:-Y||aside comment|
• Keep Sentences Short.
• Use words your readers are likely to understand.
• Use only as many words as you really need.
• Prefer the active voice.
• Use the clearest, liveliest verb to express your thoughts.
• Use Vertical Lists to make complex materil understandable.
• Keep Electronic Text Communication simple.
• Put your points positively when you can.
• Reduce cross-references to the minimum.
• Try to avoid sexist usage.
• Avoidable English Errors are so many.
• Avoid fusty first sentences and formula finishes.
• Put accurate punctuation at the heart of your writing.
• Avoid being enslaved by seven writing myths.
• Plan Before You Write.
• Organize your material in a simple way.
• Consider different ways of setting out your information.
• Devote special effort to producing lucid instructions.
• Use clear layout to present your plain words.