Pronunciation : go-sh
1. Lacking social polish
2. Lacking sensitivity and skill in dealing with others
3. Clumsily lacking in the ability to do or perform
4. Lacking in refinement or grace or good taste
French, awkward, lefthanded, from Old French, from gauchir, to turn aside, walk clumsily, of Germanic origin
• It was considered quite gauche to talk during the symphony concert.
• Feeling that his question was somewhat gauche, he smiled angrily.
1. Gauchely : Adverb
2. Gaucheness : Noun
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.