Here is the largest collection of the Oxymorons related to ~ General Oxymorons ~.
Aircraft Black Box (It's painted orange!)
Among the First
Black and White
Cheap is Expensive
Civil Strife (William Shakespeare)
Clear as Mud
Cold as Hell
Don't Look Like Yourself
Expensive is Cheap
Fearful Bravery (William Shakespeare)
First Among Equals
Gang of Two
Getting nowhere Fast
Here and There
Include Me Out
Interstate Highways in Hawaii
Intolerant of Intolerance
Last End (when describing a movie or book plot or event)
Less is More
Little Bit Big
More is Less
Near Miss (The airplanes didn't nearly miss, they nearly hit)
Never Say Never
No Means Yes
Now and Then
Oxy moron (Sharp-Dull)
Partial Zero (Emission Vehicle)
Quickly Slowing Down
Raise That Window Down
Retired (Re-tired = Tired again)
Rush Hour (Heavy traffic period)
Slow and Steady Rush
Sopho more (Wise fool)
Turned Up Missing
United Independent (Taxi company, Los Angeles)
Up the Down Staircase (book by Bel Kaufman)
Voice of the Silent Majority
Was Suicided (Driven to Suicide)
Wise Fool (Sophomore)
Yes Means No
Oxymoronic Quotes and Sayings: General (43)
- Always be on the lookout for the obvious.
- Always remember you're unique .. just like everyone else!
- Anyone who isn't confused here doesn't really know what's going on.
- Australia is a pretty big continent.
Be here Now, when you can. - Ron McIntosh
Drive slowly, we're in a hurry. - Winston Churchill to his chauffeur
- Everything is so random there must be a pattern.
Half the lies our opponents tell about us are not true. - Sir Boyle Roche
I am a deeply superficial person. - Andy Warhol
I am easily satisfied with the very best. - Winston Churchill
I can give you a definite perhaps. - Samuel Goldwyn
I can resist everything but temptation. - Mark Twain
- I can't remember having a more memorable time.
- I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again.
- If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance.
- I'm proud of my humility.
- I'm still not sure if I understand ambiguity.
It's eight o'clock, sir! - Why the devil didn't you tell me that before? - Overheard in hotel
- It's wrong to be always right.
- Life is full of uncertainties ... or I could be wrong about that?
No one goes to that place anymore - it's always too crowded. - Yogi Berra
Nobody goes to Miami in the Winter. It's too crowded. - Yogi Berra
- Perspective is in the eye of the beholder.
- Prejudiced people are all alike.
Remember the future. - Tagline for the movie "Paycheck"
Reporter: You say you've never made a picture before? Samuel Goldwyn: Yes, but that's our strongest weak point. - Samuel Goldwyn
- Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface.
- The clock is two minutes ahead and one hour behind.
The golden rule is that there are no golden rules. - George Bernard Shaw
The good oxymoron, to define it by a self-illustration, must be a planned inadvertency. - Wilson Follett
- The Right way is the Wrong way and the Left way is the Right way. (Driving directions)
- The saddest moment in a person's life comes but once.
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be. - Paul Valery
- The world is full of apathy, but I don't care.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad. - Salvador Dali
- There's no such thing as non-existence.
- They say it's not as bad as they say it is.
This page intentionally left blank. - (Non-blank with the comment)
- Walking up stairs gets me down.
We must believe in free will. We have no choice. - Isaac B. Singer
- You always find something in the last place you look.
You're the dumbest smart person I've ever met. - from the movie 'I, Robot'
You've no idea of what a poor opinion I have of myself, and how little I deserve it. - W.S. Gilbert
From General Oxymorons to HOME PAGE