A Word A Day : Malleable
Saturday, 23rd February 2008 : Today's Word is ...
( Adjective )
Pronunciation : mállee-ab'l
1. describes a metal or other substance that can be shaped or bent without breaking
2. easily persuaded or influenced by others
3. easily influenced
4. able to adjust to changing circumstances
5. capable of great deformation without breaking, when subject to compressive stress
14th century - Old French - Latin - malleus - hammer
soft, supple, flexible, bendy, pliable, ductile, plastic, impressionable, compliant, acquiescent, manipulable, biddable, persuadable, pliable
firm, rigid, stiff
• Lead is quite a malleable
metal and can be easily pounded flat.
• The malleable
mind of the pragmatist will always overcome this social problems.
• This metal, in fact, is the most tenacious, the most ductile, and the most malleable
and consequently suitable for all moulding operations.
• The malleable
mind of a child is the source of inspiration for us to change ourselves.
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
A Word A Day |
Malleable to HOME PAGE