Requirement of appropriate word for the appropriate occasion is inevitable because only with a good knowledge of words one can express the thoughts and feelings meticulously. So, this page, which contains a wide range of words arranged alphabetically with maximum number of Difficult Words along with their usages, will prove to be a ready reckoner and reference for any person who requires words at hand for appropriate use.
Paternal (puh TUR nul) adj: fatherly, father like
• Freud is paternal toward his niece.
• Maternal means motherly or mother like.
Pathology (puh THOL uh jee) n: the science of disease
• Pathology is the science or study of diseases, but not necessarily in the medical sense.
• Pathological means relating to pathology, but it also means arising from a disease.
• So if we say Brad is an inveterate, inveterate, incorrigible, pathological liar, we are saying that Brad’s lying is a sickness.
We have tried our best to make this site as informative as possible. It will certainly help in broadening the horizons of knowledge of the visitors. We also apologize for the mistakes which are not deliberately committed. Both suggestions and criticisms to enhance the quality of this site are sincerely welcomed. Use our Contact Us form to submit both your suggestions and criticisms.
This site in general and this page in particular will certainly help the visitors to increase their knowledge of vocabulary in an exhaustive way. Whilst browsing through this list, at one full swoop you will pick up many words with the same or a related and the opposite meaning.