English Grammar Index
Phrasal Verbs are that consist of two or three parts – an ordinary verb and another word or words like IN, FOR or OFF. They are very common in English.
Here are some examples.
From Phrasal Verbs to HOME PAGE
- Parliament is not ready to bring in poll reforms.
- Please join up, I will come with you.
- Please put out the light before going to bed.
- Rough sea washed away 100 houses in Dhaka.
- Security beefed up for CM’s visit.
- She believes in God.
- She drew back in fear at the sight of a snake.
- She got over her grief.
- She is trying on her blouse because it is a little short.
- She put on her shoes.
- She relied on me.
- She threw away after dinner.
- She took out money from her husband’s pocket.
- She washed up her old shoes.
- Start winding up into the hills.
- The crowd fell out in different directions.
- The officer looked into the matter.
- The police locked up him in the cell.