English Grammar Index
Phrasal Verbs are that consist of two or three parts – an ordinary verb and another word or words like IN, FOR or OFF. They are very common in English.
Here are some examples.
From Phrasal Verbs to HOME PAGE
- The police tied him up with chains.
- The song died away and I felt very dissatisfied.
- The spring set in and all the trees are full of flowers.
- They left off the work and went away.
- They put off the match.
- They turned own my offer.
- We are watching for a good stenographer.
- We have to give up financial assistance.
- We must keep up with other nations in the promotion of education.
- We must try to keep down terrorism in India.
- We must work out unemployment completely.
- We were held up by heavy traffic yesterday.
- We will have to put off the meeting.
- Woman was relived of jewels.
- You hold on in the club to get a licence.
- You must have account for what you spend.
- You must move out of the town.
- Young cricketers look up to Sachin.