Problem Solving

These sample questions have been taken from the old GMAT question papers.

Answer each question yourself before reading the analysis that follows each question.

Example-2


Question


Of the 2,200 students who entered Ivy College this year, 60 percent graduated from public schools and the rest graduated from private schools. How many more public school graduates than private school graduates entered the Ivy College this year?

(A) 116

(B) 400

(C) 440

(D) 880

(E) 1,320

Analysis


Of the 2,200 students entered Ivy College this year, 60% graduated from public schools and the remaining 40% graduated from private schools. So, the difference between their numbers is 20% of 2,200. This is equal to 440.

So, the answer is (C).



Next Question



Previous Question



GMAT : Model Questions Index



HOME PAGE