A List of Proverbs
This is A List of Proverbs beginning with W. Use a proverb from This List wisely in your writings and speech and make yourself brief.
• Walls have ears.
• Wash your dirty linen at home.
• Waste makes want.
• Waste no, want not.
• We are such stuff as dreams are made on.
• We can live without our friends, but not without our neighbors.
• Wedlock is like a place besieged: those within wish to get out, those without wish to get in.
• Well begun is half done?
• What belongs to everybody belongs to nobody.
• What can’t be cured must be endured.
• What cost nothing is worth nothing.
• What’s done can’t be undone.
• What is learnt in the cradle lasts to the tomb.
• What is one man’s meat is another man’s poison.
• What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
• What is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
• What man has done man can do.
• Whatever you are, be a man.
• What the eye does not admire the heart does not desire.
• What the eyes don’t see the heart does not grieve for.
• What the heart thinketh the tongue speaketh.
• When a man is going down the hill everyone will give him a push.
• When in Rome do as the Romans do.
• When money’s taken freedom’s forsaken.
• When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window.
• When rogues fall out honest men come into their own.
• When the cat is away the mice will play.
• When the wine is in, the wit is out.
• When thy neighbor’s house doth burn, be careful of thine own.
• When two friends have a common purse, one sings and the other weeps.
• When wits meet sparks fly out.
• Where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.
• Where there is nothing to lose there is nothing to fear.
• Where there is smoke there is fire.
• Where there’s a will there’s a way.
• While there is life there is hope.
• While the grass grows the horse starves.
• Who chatters to you will chatter of you.
• Who judges others condemns himself.
• Who knows most says least.
• Who spends more than he should, shall not have to spend when he would.
• Who will not hear must be made to feel?.
• Who will bell the cat?
• Whom the gods love dies young.
• Willful waste makes woeful want .
• Wine and wenches empty men’s purses.
• Words are wind, but blows are unkind.
From A List of Proverbs to HOME PAGE