English : Question Tag
What is the Question Tag for I am my father's second son?
This is a question that can be asked quite easily in most Indian languages. Native speakers of English, however, do not have an idiomatic way of asking this question. It is possible to ask this question indirectly - How many elder brothers do you have? Some have suggested that you ask What number son are you? While one could possibly get away with such a question in speech, it would be considered unacceptable in formal contexts. Perhaps native speakers of English are not interested in knowing whether you are your father's third or fourth child.
The following are the few ways which you can use as the question tags to get the answer which you have mentioned.
• How manyth son are you to your father?
• Where do you stand among your brothers?
• What is the order of your birth?
• What is your place in the line of your brothers and sisters?
• In what rank are you amongst the children of your father?
COURTESY : The Hindu (The National News-Paper) - India
Here is Your English Teacher
Synonyms and Antonyms
From Question Tag to HOME PAGE