Oxymorons : Science
Here is the largest collection of the Oxymorons related to ~ Science ~.
Basic Acid (Base is the opposite of Acid)
Black Gold (Crude Oil)
Half the Time
Liquid Natural Gas
Neo- lithic (Stone Age)
Point in Time
Upper Low (Weather term)
| Oxymoronic Quotes and Sayings: Science (5)|
From Science to HOME PAGE
- For NASA, space is still a high priority.
- In the city today the temperature rose to 180 degrees. This sudden rise of temperature was responsible for the intolerable heat.
- It isn't an optical illusion. It just looks like one.
- Most bacteria have the decency to be microscopic. Epulopiscium fishelsoni is not among them. The newly identified one-celled macro-microorganism is a full .5 mm long, large enough to be seen with the naked eye. - Described in the current Nature, 'It is a million times as massive as a typical bacterium.' - Time, March 29, 1993, page 25
- The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep. - W.C. Fields