English Grammar Index
Choose the correct SYNONYMS for the underlined words.
- It existed in many the world’s early civilizations.
- Ice hockey evolved in the British isles in the 19th Century.
(a) came out
- I was possibly adapted from the Irish came of hurling.
(b) made suitable
- Possibly from the Irish game of hurling.
- The British army helped spread hockey internationally.
- Its popularity was booming in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Its popularity especially booming in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Men’s hockey first appeared at the 1908 Olympic games.
From Synonyms to HOME PAGE