English Grammar Index
Choose the correct SYNONYMS for the underlined words.
- India won six straight Olympic gold medals.
(a) Without break
- He was winning 24 consecutive matches.
- A record likely to stand through the ages.
- Thrust on to the centre stage his mettle would be tested.
- Jean Valjean pleaded with the police and said he was not guilty.
- He fed on filth for nineteen years.
(b) dirty food
- The Bishop slept tranquilly.
(c) place fully
- He stood terrified at this radiant figure.
From Synonyms to HOME PAGE