Transformation of Sentences
English Grammar IndexTransformation of Sentences :
From Transformation of Sentences to HOME PAGE
- In spite of its raining we attended the school.
Though it rained we attend the school.
- A dog that barks seldom bites.
Barking dog seldom bites.
- Being poor he could not buy a car.
He was poor and so he could not buy a car.
- He raised his voice and shouted at me.
When he raised his voice he shouted at me.
- Due to illness he remained at home.
He was ill and so he remained at home.
- He is very rich but he is not contented.
Though he is rich he is not contented.
- She was angry but she kept quiet.
In spite of her being angry she kept quiet.
- He heard an explosion, so he ran to the police.
When he heard an explosion he rang to the police.
- Buying a new car she learnt how to drive it.
She bought a new car and learnt how to drive it.
- Although he is rich he is humble.
In spite of his being rich he is humble.
- Though he was poor he was clever.
He was poor but he was clever.
- On seeing the plane the people were happy.
When the people saw the plane they were happy.
- My father gave me a bicycle. I was twelve at that time.
When I was twelve my father gave me a bicycle.
- He lost his purse on getting down from the bus.
He got down from the bus and he lost his purse.
- When he reached his native place his brother came and met him.
On reaching his native place his brother came and met him.