Business Dictionary :
Unclaimed, Uncollected, Unconditional,
Unconfirmed and Unconstitutional
Unclaimed : adjective : an object which has not been claimed
• Unclaimed baggage = cases which have been left with someone and have not been claimed by their owners
• Unclaimed property and unclaimed baggage will be sold by auction after six months.
: something which has not been collected
• Uncollected subscriptions
• Uncollected taxes
: with no conditions
• Unconditional acceptance of the offer by the board
• The offer went unconditional last Thursday = the takeover bid was accepted by the majority of the shareholders and therefore the conditions attached to it no longer apply
: without imposing any conditions
• The offer was accepted unconditionally by the trade union.
: which has not been confirmed
• There are unconfirmed reports that our agent has been arrested.
: not allowed by the rules of laws of a country or organization
• The chairman ruled that the meeting was unconstitutional.
From Unclaimed to HOME PAGE