Unfair, Unfavourable, Unfulfilled,
Unilateral and Union
• Unfair competition = trying to do better than another company by using techniques such as importing foreign goods at very low prices or by wrongly criticizing a competitor's products
Unfavourable : adjective : not favourable
• Unfavourable balance of trade = situation where a country imports more than it exports
Unfulfilled : adjective : (order) which has not yet been supplied
Unilateral : adjective : on one side only or done by one party only
• They took the unilateral decision to cancel the contract.
Unilaterally : adverb : by one party only
• They cancelled the contract unilaterally.
Union : noun :
(a) trade union or trades union or US labour union = organization which represents workers who are its members in discussions with management about wages and conditions of work
• Union agreement = agreement between a management and a trade union over wages and conditions of work
(b) Customs union = agreement between several countries that goods can go between them without paying duty, while goods from other countries have special duties charged on them
Unionist : noun : member of a trade union
Unionized : adjective : (company) where the members of staff belong to a trade union
QUOTE : The blue-collar unions are the people who stand to lose most in terms of employment growth.(Sydney Morning Herald)
QUOTE : After three days of tough negotiations, the company reached agreement with its 1.200 unionized workers.(Toronto Star)
Follow These Links!