Business Dictionary :
Use, User, USM, USP and Usury
Use : noun : way in which something can be used
• Directions for use = instructions how to run a machine
• To make use of something = to use something
• In use = being worked
• The computer is in use twenty-four hours a day.
• Items for personal use = items which a person will use for himself, not on behalf of the company
• He has the use of a company car.
• He has a company car which he used privately.
• Land zoned for industrial use = land where planning permission has been given to build factories
: to take a machine, a company, a process and work with it
• We use airmail for all our overseas correspondence.
• The photocopier is being used all the time.
• They use freelancers for most of their work.
: something which can help
: person who uses something
: person who actually uses a product
== book showing someone how to use something
: a product which a user finds easy to work
• These programs are really user-friendly.
= UNLISTED SECURITIES MARKET
= UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION
: normal or ordinary
• Our usual terms are thirty days credit.
• Our usual conditions are thirty days credit.
• The usual practice is to have the contract signed by the MD.
• The usual hours of work are from 9.30 to 5.30.
: lending money at high interest
: no plural
From Ultimate to HOME PAGE