Vehicle, Vending, Vendor,
Venture & Venue, Verbal & Verbally
• Goods vehicles can park in the loading bay.
Vending : noun : selling
Automatic Vending Machine = machine which provides drinks, cigarettes, etc... when a coin is put in
Vendor : noun : person who sells (a property)
• The solicitor acting on behalf of the vendor
Street Vendor = person who sells food or small items in the street
Venture : noun : business or commercial deal which involves a risk
• He lost money on several import ventures.
Joint Venture = very large business project where two or more companies, often from different countries, join together
Venture Capital = capital for investment which may easily be lost in risky projects, but can also provide high returns
Venture : verb : to risk (money)
Venue : noun : place where a meeting is to be held
• We have changed the venue for the conference.
Verbal : adjective : using spoken words, not writing
Verbal Agreement = agreement which is spoken (such as over the telephone)
Verbally : adverb : using spoken words, not writing
• They agreed to the terms verbally and then started to draft the contract.
Follow These Links!