Business Dictionary :
Wealth, Wealthy, Wear and Tear,
Week, Weekday and Weekly
Wealth : noun : large quantity of money owned by someone
Wealth Tax = tax on money or property or investments owned by someone
NOTE : no plural
Wealthy : adjective : very rich
Wear and Tear : noun : fair wear and tear = acceptable damage caused by normal use
• Life insurance policy covers most damage but not fair wear and tear to the machine.
: No plural
: period of seven days (from Monday to Sunday)
• To be paid by the week = to be paid a certain amount of money each week
• He earns £500 a week or per week.
• She works thirty-five hours per week.
• She works a thirty-five-hour week.
: normally working day (not Saturday or Sunday)
: done every week
• The weekly rate for the job is £250.
From Wealth to HOME PAGE
• A weekly magazine or a weekly = magazine which is published each week.