Working, Workforce, Workload,
Workman and Workplace
• The working population of a country
Working Partner = partner who works in a partnership
Working Party = group of experts who study a problem
• The government set up a working party to examine the problem of computers in schools.
(b) referring to work
Working Capital = capital in cash and stocks needed for a company to be able to work
Working Conditions = general state of the place where people work (if it is hot, noisy, dark, dangerous, etc.)
The Normal Working Week = the usual number of hours worked per week
• Even though he is a freelance, he works a normal working week.
Workforce : noun : all the workers (in an office or factory)
Workload : noun : amount of work which a person has to do
• He has difficulty in coping with his heavy workload.
Workman : noun : man who works with his hands
NOTE : Plural is workmen.
Work Out : verb : to calculate
• He worked out the costs on the back of an envelope.
Workplace : noun : place where you work