These ROOT-WORDS are the Prefix AMB & AMBI which mean AROUND, ABOUT & BOTH. It comes from the Latin ambo, ambio & ambitio. This last, which is the basis for No. 4 and No. 5, means “a going about," especially by candidates who solicit votes. It seems that our election campaigns have a long and honorable lineage.
1. Amble : AMB le (am’ b’l) V.
Walk leisurely about
2. Ambidexter : AMBI dexter (am bi dek’ ster) n.
One who uses both hands with skill
3. Ambidextrous : AMBI dextrous (am bi dek’ strus) adj.
Using both hands with skill
4. Ambition : AMBI tion (am bish’ un) n.
Eagerness for achievement and honor
5. Ambitious : AMBI tious (am bish’ us) adj.
Eager for achievement and honor
6. Ambiguity : AMBI guity (am bi gyue’ it ee) n.
The quality of uncertainty in meaning
7. Ambiguous : AMBI guous (am big’ yu us) adj.
Having a double meaning; as, an ambiguous word
8. Ambiparous : AMBI parous (am bip’ a rus) adj.
Having both leaves and flowers
9. Ambit : AMBI t (am’ bit) n.
Bounds set up extending to the limit of a place
10. Ambient : AMBI ent (am’ bee ent) adj.
Moving around; surrounding on all sides; as, the ambient air
11. Ambilateral : AMBI lateral (am bi lat’ er al) adj.
Relating to both sides; bilateral
12. Ambivalence : AMBI valence (am biv’ a lens) n.
Repulsion and attraction to an object at the same time
13. Ambivalent : AMBI valent (am biv’ a lent) adj.
Repelled and attracted at the same time
14. Ambivert : AMBI vert (am’ bi vert) n.
A person whose nature combines those of the introvert and extrovert
15. Ambisinister : AMBI sinister (am bi sin’ is ter) adj.
Left-handed; clumsy with both hand
16. Ambitendencey : AMBI tendency (am bi ten’ den) n.
A case of having both tendency and countertendency
17. Amburbial : AMB urbial (am bur’ bi al) adj.
Relating to a circuit of a city
18. Perambulator : per AMB ulator (pe ram’ byu late or) n.