These ROOT-WORDS are ANTI & ANT, the Prefixes which mean AGAINST. In the first six words on the list the I is dropped from ANTI to avoid using two vowels together. In No. 8, the h is joined with the t. Others have the full ANTI before a consonant. Don’t confuse ANTI with ANTE which means something entirely different, as you well know.
1. Antacid : ANT acid (ant as’ id) n.
A remedy for acidity of the stomach; a counteracting agent
2. Antagonism : ANT agonism (an tag’ o niz um) n.
A strong feeling against a person or an idea
3. Antalkaline : ANT alkaline (ant al’ ka line) adj.
An agent against alkalinity
4. Antapology : ANT apology (ant a pol’ o ji) n.
A reply to an apology
5. Antarchism : ANT archaism (ant’ ar kiz um) n.
Antagonism to government
6. Antarctic : ANT arctic (ant ark’ tik) n.
The opposite of the North Pole; the South Pole
7. Antephialtic : ANT ephialtic (and ef i al’ tik) adj.
8. Anthelmintic : ANT helmintic (ant hel mint’ ik) adj.
Expelling worms from the system
9. Antibiosis : ANTI biosis (anti i bi o’ sis) n.
Antagonism between organisms in the body
10. Antibody : ANTI bodi (ant’ i bode e) n.
A substance in the body which opposes foreign substances
11. Antibromic : ANTI bromic (an ti bro’ mik) adj.
12. Anticlimax : ANTI climax (ant i kile’ maks) n.
The movement from a great event to one of lesser importance; a
13. Anticoagulant : ANTI coagulant (ant i ko ag’ yu lant) adj.
Hindering the coagulation of the blood
14. Antidote : ANTI dote (ant’ i dote) n.
A remedy against a poison
15. Antifreeze : ANTI freeze (ant i freze’) n.
A substance which slows up the process of freezing
16. Antisepsis : ANTI sepsis (ant i sep’ sis) n.
Prevention of infection; acting like an antiseptic
17. Antitoxin : ANTI toxin (ant i tok’ sin) n.
An agent which counteracts poison in the body
18. Antipathy : ANTI pathy (an tip’ a thee) n.
A strong feeling of dislike
19. Antipodes : ANTI podes (an tip’ o deze) n.
Parts of the world which are opposite to each other