a) Indicate the kinds of the nouns in the following sentences.
1) Africa is now on the alert.
2) Big fish eat small ones.
3) Don’t cry for the moon.
4) Habit is second nature.
5) Have you read about the pharaohs of Egypt?
6) Money is what money does.
7) Naser achieved great victories for his country.
8) She is the Cleopatra of our times.
9) This raincoat is water-proof.
10) Will you have some coffee?
b) Classify the following nouns according to the main kinds.
Cairo - colour - youth - class - audience - school – Egypt - The Koran - Theatre - flag - hatred - noise - army – navy - Shehata - garden - man - boy – Mona