This ROOT-WORD is GREG which comes from the Latin grex & gregis meaning HERD, FLOCK & MOB. From that rather sour meaning we have developed the better words, GROUP, TROOF & CROWD. The burning word in the list is No. 15, seGREGation, and it is good to be able to know just why it means what it means. No. 19 is the opposite of No. 18. What we need is peaceful conGREGation of all peoples and races so that we can have a peaceful world to live in. Live and let live is a maxim for all.
1. Gregarian : GREG arian (gre gar’ i an) adj.
Belonging to a herd
2. Gregarious : GREG arious (gre gar’ ee us) adj.
Living with and moving with the herd
3. Aggregate : ag GREG ate (ag’ re gate) v.
To collect; to unite
4. Aggregable : ag GREG able (ag’ re ga b’l) adj.
Can be collected; can be united
5. Aggregation : ag GREG ation (ag re gay’ shun) n.
A collection; a union into a mass
6. Aggregant : ag GREG ant (ag’ re gant) n.
A proposition entering into an aggregate
7. Aggregative : ag GREG ative (ag’ re gateiv) adj.
Tending to form a crowd; collective
8. Aggregatory : ag GREG atory (ag’ re ga to ri) adj.
Assembled; of the nature of an assembly
9. Congregate : con GREG ate (kon’ gre gate) v.
To flock together
10. Congregation : con GREG ation (kon gre gay’ shun) n.
A group functioning together; as, church or synagogue11. Congregational : con GREG ational (kon gre gay’ shun al) adj.
Relating to a congregation
12. Congregative : con GREG ative (kon’ gre gay tiv) adj.
Tending to come together
13. Egregious : e GREG ious (e gree’ jus) adj.
Standing out from the group in favorable sense; as, an egregic
14. Segregate : se GREG ate (seg’ re gate) v.
To separate from the crowd; set apart
15. Segregation : se GREG ation (seg re gay’ shun) n.
The act of separating; setting apart
16. Segregative : se GREG ative (seg’ re gate iv) adj.
Tending to separate, to set apart
17. Segregational : se GREG ational (seg re gay’ shun al) adj.
Relating to segregation
18. Segregationist : se GREG ationist (seg re gay’ shun ist) n.
One who believes in segregation
19. Antisegregationist: antise GREG ationist(an ti se gre gay’ shun ist) n.
One against segregation
20. Desegregate : dese GREG ate (dee seg’ re gate) v.