This ROOT-WORD is HELIO which comes from the Greek Helios SUN. From this root we enrich our vocabulary with words from photography, sun worship, the science of the sun, sunbathing, sub-therapy and sunflowers. In Greek Mythology Helios, the Sun-god drove his sub-chariot across the sky every morning. In our day sun-therapy cures rickets, tuberculosis, and is a preventative of many ills. The fragrant heliotrope is a garden favorite, and sunflower seeds are healthful.
1. Heliocentric : HELIO centric (he lee o sen’ trik) adj.
Having relation to the center of the sun
2. Heliochrome : HELIO chrome (he’ lee o krome) n.
A naturally colored photograph
3. Heliochromoscope: HELIO chromoscope (he li o kro’ mo skope) n.
Instrument to produce photos in natural colors
4. Heliochromy : HELIO chromy (he’ li o kro mi) n.
5. Heliodon : HELIO don (he’ li o don) n.
A device to illustrate what seems to be the Sun’s motion