23. high :
1. having a great or considerable extent or reach upward or vertically; lofty; tall : a high wall
2. having a specified extent upward : The apple tree is now 20 feet high.
3. situated above the ground or some base; elevated : a high platform : a high ledge
4. exceeding the common degree or measure; strong; intense : high speed : high color
5. expensive; costly; dear : The price of food these days is much too high.
6. exalted in rank, station, eminence, etc.; of exalted character or quality : a high official : high society
7. at or to a high point, place, or level.
8. in or to a high rank or estimate: He aims high in his political ambitions.
9. at or to a high amount or price.
10. in or to a high degree.
11. Automotive. high gear: He shifted into high when the road became level.
12. Informal. high school.
13. Meteorology. a pressure system characterized by relatively high pressure at its center.
Click Here to Know Your Next Word