Know Your Next Word : lead
22. lead :
verb, noun & adjective :
1. to go before or with to show the way : to conduct or escort
2. to conduct by holding and guiding
3. the first or foremost place : position in advance of others
4. the extent of such an advance position
5. most important : principal : leading : first
Subsequent events led him to reconsider his position.
The first street on the left will lead you to Andrews Place.
The prisoners were led into the warden's office.
He took the lead in the race.
The phone list provided some great sales leads.