Let’s illustrate that speech is a huge building. We shall ask our selves, of what is this building made up?
The answer will be. It is made up of bricks, iron materials, wooden materials, sand and cement...etc.
If we also ask, of what is the bricks made?
The answer will be. It is made of sand, cement and water...etc.
So I’m sorry to say that some of us say that word is the first brick in the part of speech, but I’m dead against this say. Because the first brick is the letter a word can not be existed without letters.
Parts of speech are divided into 5 main parts.
1. The letters (Alphabet)
2. The words which are divided into 8 kinds.
a) A Noun is a word used for naming anything.
b) A Pronoun is a word used instead of a noun and takes its place.
c) The Adjective is a word used to qualify a noun.
d) A Verb is a word used for saying something else and it expresses a state or an action.
e) The Adverb is a word used to describe a verb.
f) A Preposition is a word used to show the relation between a noun and another word in the sentence.
g) A Conjunction is a word used to join words, phrases and sentences.
h) The Interjection is a word or words used to express a sudden emotion.
3) The phrase is a group of words nonsense, without a finite verb. It is divided into 3 Kinds.
1) The Noun phrase
2) The Adjectival phrase
3) The Adverbial phrase
4) The clause is a group of words and does not express full sense although it comprises a finite verb. It is divided into 3 Kinds.
1) The Noun clause
2) The Adjectival clause
3) The Adverbial clause
5) The Sentence is a group of words which makes complete sense and contains a finite verb. The sentence is divided into 3 Kinds.
a) A simple sentence
b) A compound sentence
c) A complex sentence
The sentence has two main parts.
1) The subject has 5 substitutes
a) The Noun
b) The Pronoun
c) An Adjective used as a noun
d) The Noun phrase
e) The Noun clause
2) The predicate is where the verb is playing the fundamental part like….