ped & pod
1. Pedagogue : PED agogue (ped’ a gog) n.
One who leads a child; a teacher
2. Pedantry : PED antry (ped’ an tree) n.
Display of learning
3. Pediatrician : PED iatrician (ped ee a trish’ an) n.
A doctor who specializes in the care of children
4. Pediatrics : PED iatrics (pede ee a’ triks) n.
That branch of medicine devoted to the care of children
5. Pedodontia : PED odontia (pee do don’ shi a) n.
Treatment of the teeth of children
6. Pedophilia : PED ophilia (pee do fil’ i a) n.
Inordinate love for children
7. Pedotrophy : PED otrophy (pe dot’ ro fi) n.
The art of properly rearing children
8. Pedology : PED ology (pee dol’ o jee) n.
9. Pedigerous : PED igerous (pe dij’ er us) adj.
10. Pedestal : PED estal (ped’ est al) n.
The base of a statue or monument
11. Pedestrian : PED estrian (pe des’ tree an) n.
One who travels on foot
12. Pedometer : PED ometer (pe dom’ et er) n.
An instrument to measure distance walked
13. Pedomotive : PED omotive (ped o moe’ tiv) adj.
Moved by the power of the foot
14. Pedal : PED al (ped’ al) adj.
Relating to the foot
15. Podiatry : POD iatry (po die’ a tree) n.
That branch of medicine which treats of diseases of the foot
16. Podiatrist : POD iatrist (po die’ a trist) n.
One who practices podiatry
17. Pedograph : PED ograph (ped’ o graf) n.
An instrument that records topography when held by a pedestrian as he walks
18. Pedomotor : PED omotor (pe dom’ ot or) n.
Machine driven by the power of the feet; as, a bicycle, skates
19. Podium : POD ium (pode’ ee um) n.
A platform; dais
20. Pedialgia : PED ialgia (ped i al’ ji a) n.
Neuralgia in the foot
Follow These Links!