is the Prefix PRO
which means FORWARD & FORTH
. It is a very simple ROOT-WORD to learn and most convenient to use. It opens doors to a variety of things from the PROfessional who is today called a PRO, all the way back to ancient days in Rome when the meanest work was done by the lowest class citizen called a PROletarian.
1. Proceed : PRO ceed (pro sede’) v.
To go forward; advance
2. Procedure : PRO cedure (pro see’ jur) n.
Method of going toward a goal
3. Proclaim : PRO claim (pro klame’) v.
To bring before the public
4. Proclamation : PRO clamation (prok la may’ shun) n.
A notice officially declared
5. Procure : PRO cure (pro kyur’) v.
To get; to gain
6. Produce : PRO duce (pro kyur’) v.
To lead forward; as, produce a play
7. Production : PRO duction (pro duk’ shun) n.
The act of bringing forth
8. Profess : PRO fess (pro fes’) v.
To take vows; to openly admit
9. Professor : PRO fessor (pro fes’ or) n.
One who professes; a teacher of high rank in an institution of higher education
10. Profession : PRO fession (pro fesh’ un) n.
Art or skill which is the result of study and experience
11. Progress : PRO gress (prog’ res) n.
The act of going forward to a goal
12. Progressive : PRO gressive (pro gres’ iv) adj.
Causing the going forward
13. Progression : PRO gression (pro gresh’ un) n.
The orderly going forward
14. Project : PRO ject (pro jekt’) v.
To throw forward; to create a plan
15. Proliferate : PRO liferate (pro lif’ e rate) v.
To bring forth by rapid production
16. Prolific : PRO lific (pro lif’ ik) adj.
Bringing forth young or fruit
17. Promote : PRO mote (pro mote’) v.
To move forward; to advance in station
18. Prolix : PRO lix (pro liks’) adj.
Drawn out; needlessly prolonged
19. Proficient : PRO ficient (pro fish’ ent) adj.
Showing skill; adept
20. Profluent : PRO fluent (prof’ lue ent) adj.