The capital letter is also called a big letter or uppercase letter or sometimes just a capital. Although this form of letters has special place in writing form of English, it has to be learnt how to use this form.
A B C D E F G
H I J K L M
N O P Q R S
T U V W X Y Z
When do you use a capital letter?
Use a capital letter for the first letter in a sentence.
The dog is barking.
We are the students of this college.
Always use a capital letter for the word I.
I am eight years old.
Tom and I are good friends.
I would do anything to get admission into this University.
Use a capital letter for the names of people.
Alice, Tom, James, Kim, Snow White, Ravi, Thangavel, Ram, Sita
Use a capital letter for the names of places.
National Museum, Bronx Zoo, London, Sacramento, Chicago, New Delhi, Himalaya, Tokyo, Japan, China, Taj Mahal
Use a capital letter for festivals, holidays, days of the week, months of the year.
New Year’s Day
1. Peter and I are good friends.
2. We are going to Chicago during our summer vacation.
3. There is an interesting football game on Sunday.
4. Jason lives on Thomson Avenue.
5. January is the first month of the year.
6. My son has gone to New Delhi.
7. Sister Nirmala is at home.
8. President has yet to sign the treaty.
9. India is a fast developing country.
10. Today is a not a national holiday…only local holiday.
11. You are the team leader now.
12. I will not come with you, because I have engagements with my boss.
13. Samsung has introduced many models of iPhones.
14. Sony is an age old company from Japan.
15. English is an international language for Business and Education.
16. Computer has changed the way in which we live and do business.
17. Journalism is not only reporting…but also sharing opinions.
18. Tendulkar has retired from all forms of cricket.
19. We are not qualified to enter semi-finals in this world cup.
20. He is our science master since our first standard.