This ROOT-WORD is the Prefix NON which means NOT in practically all languages in some similar form. You have already had IN and IM meaning NOT and UN meaning NOT. You will see that NON is not as emphatic as IN, IM and UN. For example; “He is a non American" simply means that he is not an American citizen, he is a citizen of another country. “He is un-American" means he’s engaged in activities which are contrary to the American way of life; he violates the ideals of American Democracy.
Not for making money
13. Nontaxable : NON taxable (non taks’ a b’l) adj.
Not able to be taxed
14. Nontoxic : NON toxic (non tok’ sik) adj.
Having no poisonous effects
15. Nonpartisan : NON partisan (non part’ i zan) adj.
Not belonging to any party
16. Nonstop : NON stop (non stop’) adj.
17. Nonphenomenal : NON phenomenal (non’ fe nom e nal) adj.
Existing as a reality
18. Nonplus : NON plus (non plus’) n.
A state of uncertainty, perplexity
19. Nonquota : NON quota (non kwote’ a) adj.
Not part of a quota
20. Nonsequitur : NON sequitur (non sek’ wi tur) n.
In logic something that does not follow