Thursday, 9th August 2007... Today's Word is...
( Noun )
Pronunciation : ( ab-e-ens)
1. The condition of being temporarily set aside
2. A condition of undetermined ownership, as of an estate that has not yet been assigned
3. Indefinite legal status of real estate title when lawful ownership is in question and being determined
4. The condition of being temporarily inactive
5. State of being inactive or suspended temporarily
Anglo-Norman, variant of Old French abeance, desire, from abaer, to gape at : a-, at (from Latin ad-; see ad-) + baer, to gape
11. Cold storage
• The plans are held in abeyance.
• The budget presentation has been kept in abeyance this year, due to war crisis.
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
Go to The A Word A Day Index
Synonyms and Antonyms
Longest Word |