This ROOT-WORD is the Suffix NESS which means the STATE OF . NESS is added to the Suffix LESS and makes the adjective back into a noun again. Just as LY makes adverbs, so NESS is the sure sign of a noun. Keeping the same Root words and adding the different keys show how important it is to know what the keys mean.
State of being soundless.
12. helplessness : helpless NESS (help’ les nes) n.
The state of being helpless.
13. sleeplessness : sleepless NESS (sleep’ les nes) n.
The state of being sleepless.
14. tirelessness : tireless NESS (tire’ les nes) n.
The state of not being weary.
15. tastelessness : tasteless NESS (taste; les nes) n.
The state of being tasteless.
16. voicelessness : voiceless NESS (voi; sles ness) n.
The state of being voiceless.
17. weightlessness : weightless NESS (wate’ les nes) n.
The state of having no weight.
18. shamelessness : shameless NESS (shame’ les nes) n.
The state of being without shame.
19. breathlessness : breathless NESS (breath’ les nes) n.
State of being without breath.
20. lifelessness : lifeless NESS (life’ les nes) n.
State of being lifeless.