Business Dictionary :
Quango, Quantify, Quantifiable and Quantity
Quango : noun : official body set up by a government to investigate or deal with a special problem
Quantify : verb : to quantify the effect of something = to show the effect of something in figures
• It is impossible to quantify the effect of the new legislation on our turnover.
: something which can be quantified
• The effect of the change in the discount structure is not quantifiable.
(a) amount or number of items
• A small quantity of illegal drugs
• He bought a large quantity of spare parts.
(b) large amount
• The company offers a discount for quantity purchase.
= discount given to a customer who buys large quantities of goods
To carry out a quantity survey
= to estimate the amount of materials and the cost of the labour required for a construction project
= person who carries out a quantity survey
From Quango to HOME PAGE