multi & multus
These ROOT-WORDS are MULTUS & MULTI which come from the Latin mulus which means MANY & MUCH. This ROOT has mathematical significance, being completely involved with the process of MULTIplication. The very minute you see this ROOT you know MUCH. No. 10 might be inconvenient, if four babies appeared at once, but no one minds the state of being a MULTImillionaire, or seeing a MULTItude of stars.
An organism with many feet; as, a centipede
12. Multiple : MULTI ple (mul’ ti p’l) adj.
Consisting of more than one; manifold
13. Multiplicand : MULTI plicand (mul ti pli kand’) n.
That number in an example which is to be multiplied
14. Multiplication : MULTI placation (mul ti pli kay’ shun) n.
An arithmetical process for increasing a number quickly
15. Multiplicity : MULTI plicity (mul ti plis’ it ee) n.
The quality of being multiple; as, a multiplicity of thoughts
16. Multiply : MULTI ply (myl’ ti pile) v.
To increase a number quickly by multiplication
17. Multitude : MULTI tude (mul’ ti tyude) n.
A great number; cannot be counted
18. Multiplex : MULTI plex (mul’ ti pleks) adj.
19. Multiplier : MULTI plier (mul’ ti plie er) n.
One who or that which multiplies