Friday, 10th August 2007 : Today's Word is...
( Verb & Noun )
Pronunciation : (jab'er)
1. To talk rapidly, unintelligibly or idly
2. To utter rapidly or unintelligibly
3. To talk volubly, persistently and usually inconsequentially
4. Unintelligible or foolish talk
5. Rapid or babbling talk
Middle English jaberen, of imitative origin, intransitive verb : to talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly
12. Wearied jargon
1. Be silent
2. Talk intelligently
• She began to jabber meaningless sounds very fast.
• His jabber threatened us to the extreme.
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
Go to The A Word A Day Index
Synonyms and Antonyms
Longest Word |