Grammar Index : 2
Emphatic Pronoun or Reflexive Pronoun :
The pronouns which are used to reflect upon the person or persons or thing or things which the pronouns represent are called Emphatic Pronouns or Reflexive Pronouns.
Himself, herself, itself, themselves, yourself, yourselves, ourselves and myself are the reflexive pronouns.
• Mr. John himself called on us two days back.
• Mrs. Clinton herself came forward to contest the election to the post of Presidency of this association.
• Students themselves went out of the class-room in protest against the increases in the admission fees.
• You yourself can not cut you hair.
• You yourselves can organize a meeting to seek the opinions of all the students.
• We ourselves will come to your seeking your support.
• I motivated myself.
The singular form of the pronoun you has its reflexive form yourself.
The plural form of the pronoun you has its reflexive form yourselves.
From Emphatic Pronoun to HOME PAGE