10 Commandments of Gun Safety
The 10 Commandments of Gun Safety are :
Guns are not toys. They must be handled properly.
Never handle a gun without adult supervision.
Never let anyone you are with mix alcohol or drugs and guns.
Always follow these important safety rules.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Guns should be unloaded when not actually in use.
- Don't rely on your gun's safety. Treat every gun as if it can fire at any time.
- Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
- Use correct ammunition.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, HANDLE WITH CARE. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and get adult help.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don't alter or modify your gun and DO have your gun serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using. Do not use any firearm that you have not had adult instruction in handling.
From 10 Commandments of Gun Safety to HOME PAGE