10 Commandments of Gun Safety
The 10 Commandments of Gun Safety areFrom 10 Commandments of Gun Safety to HOME PAGE
Guns are not toys. They must be handled properly.
Never handle a gun without adult supervision.
Never let anyone you are with mix alcohol or drugs and guns.
Always follow these important safety rules.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Guns should be unloaded when not actually in use.
- Don't rely on your gun's safety. Treat every gun as if it can fire at any time.
- Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
- Use correct ammunition.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, HANDLE WITH CARE. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and get adult help.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don't alter or modify your gun and DO have your gun serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using. Do not use any firearm that you have not had adult instruction in handling.