The 10 Commandments of Successful Marriage are :
Judge Joseph Sabbath, after twenty year's experience in presiding over what he called "the nightmare world of the divorce courts," framed ten commandments of a successful marriage which, he predicted, could prevent at least ninety percent of marital smash-ups:
- Bear and forbear.
- Work together, play together, and grow up together.
- Avoid the little quarrels, and the big ones will take care of themselves.
- Compromise (give and take). It is the antitoxin of divorce.
- Practice sympathy, good humour and mutual understanding.
- Don't grouch before breakfast or after it.
- Respect your "in-laws," but don't criticize them or take criticism from them.
- Establish your own home, even in a one room flat.
- Fight for each other, but not with each other.
- Build your home on religious faith, with love and forgiveness as the watchword.
From 10 Commandments of Successful Marriage to HOME PAGE