A List of Rhyming Words
Rhyming Words are more than slang words. However, these Words have a charm and romance all their own. Here are few selected such Words for your reference. All these words should be used only in informal context.
Noun- informal: Derogatory:
A heterosexual woman who spends much of her time with homosexual men
Few women feel safer being fag hags.
1. An acrobatic spring backward from the feet to the hands and back to the feet
2. An abrupt reversal of policy
Example: Pakistan’s policy towards terrorism in a series of flip-flops.
Flotsam and jetsam:
1. A wreckage of a ship or its cargo floating at sea
2. Useless or discarded objects, odds and ends
3. Unemployed people who drift from place to place
AT high tide, the sea is full of flotsam and jetsam.
The promotion of peace and love by the hippies as means of changing the world
Flower power ruled the roost in the late 60s and early 70s.
1. A rustling or swishing noise made by someone walking in a dress
2. Frills or other ornamentation, particularly of women’s’ clothes
3. Excessive ornate ness or affected elegance
The girls are very fond of frou-frou.
1. A person who is very old-fashioned or pompous
2. A fussy, critical person
Some early persons become fuddy-duddies after the age of 65.
From A List of Rhyming Words to HOME PAGE