English Grammar Index
They are short forms of long phrases or words. Instead of writing them fully, we use these abbreviations formed by normally the first letter of each word. Sometimes, the first and the last letter of words will make an abbreviation. Usually these letters are in capitals.
Here is the list of abbreviations beginning with D.
- DA - Dearness Allowance
- DA - Daily Allowance
- DC - Deputy Commissioner
- DCC - District Congress Committee
- DCL - Doctor Civil Law
- DIG - Deputy Inspector General
- DIR - Defence of India Rules
- DLitt - Doctor of Literature
- DO - Demi-Official (letter)
- DVS - Damodar Valley Corporation
- DVM - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
From Abbreviations to HOME PAGE