Business Dictionary :
Accredited, Accrual, Accrue, Accumulate and Accurate
Accredited : adjective : (agent) who is appointed by a company to act on its behalf
Accrual : noun : gradual increase by addition
Accrual of Interest = automatic addition of interest to capital
Accrue : verb : to increase and be due for payment at a later date
• Interest accrues from the beginning of the month.
• Accrued interest is added quarterly.
Accrued Dividend = dividend earned since the last dividend was paid
Acct = account
Accumulate : verb : to grow larger by adding, to allow dividends to accumulate
Accumulated Profit = profit which is not paid as dividend but is taken over into the accounts of the following year
Accurate : adjective : correct
• The sales department made an accurate forecast of sales.
• The designers produced an accurate copy of the plan.
Accurately : adverb : correctly
• The second quarter's drop in sales was accurately forecast by the computer.
From Accredited to HOME PAGE