Previous PageAd : noun : advertisementAdd : verb :(a) To put figures together to make a total, to add interest to the capital
• Interest is added monthly.
• We are adding to the sales force.• They have added two new products to their range.• This all adds to the company's costs.• This makes the company's costs higher.
• The figures do not add up.• The total given is not correct.
• The total expenditure adds up to more than £1,000.
• An adding machine
• There are twelve registered letters to be sent in addition to this packet.
• You don't need a calculator to do simple addition.
• Additional costs• Additional charges• Additional clauses to a contract• Additional duty will have to be paid.