Add, Adding, Addition and Additional
• Interest is added monthly.
(b) To put things together to make a large group
• We are adding to the sales force.
Add Up : verb : to put several figures together to make a total, to add up a column of figures
• The figures do not add up.
Add Up To : verb : to make a total
• The total expenditure adds up to more than £1,000.
Adding : noun : which adds or which makes additions
• An adding machine
Addition : noun :
(a) Thing or person added
• The management has stopped all additions to the staff.
• We are exhibiting several additions to our product line.
• The marketing director is the latest addition to the board.
(b) in addition to = added to or as well as
• There are twelve registered letters to be sent in addition to this packet.
(e) Putting numbers together
• You don't need a calculator to do simple addition.
Additional : adjective : extra which is added
• Additional costs