Business Dictionary :
Address and Addressee
Address : noun : details of number, street and town where an office is or a person lives
• My business address and phone number are printed on the card.
Accommodation Address = address used for receiving messages but which is not the real address of the company
Cable Address = short address for sending cables
Forwarding Address = address to which a person's mail can be sent on
Home Address = address of a house or flat where someone lives
• Please send the documents to my home address.
Address List = list of addresses
• We keep an address list of two thousand addresses in Europe.
Address : verb :
(a) to write the details of an address on an envelope, etc.
• To address a letter or a parcel
• Please address your enquiries to the manager.
• A letter addressed to the managing director
• An incorrectly addressed package
(b) to speak : to address a meeting
Addressee : noun : person to whom a letter or package is addressed
Addressing Machine : noun : machine which puts addresses on envelopes automatically
From Address to HOME PAGE