Business Dictionary :
Adman, Admin, Administer and Administration
Adman : noun : informal man who works in advertising
Admen : Plural Noun
• The admen are using balloons as promotional material.
Admin : noun : informal
(a) Work of administration, especially paperwork
• All this admin work takes a lot of my time.
• There is too much admin in this job.
• Admin costs seem to be rising each quarter.
• The admin people have sent the report back.
NOTE : no plural : as a group of people it can have a plural verb
Administer : verb : to organize or to manage
• He administers a large pension fund.
Administered Price (US) = price fixed by a manufacturer which cannot be varied by a retailer
Administration : noun : organization or control of management of a company
• The expenses of the administration
• Of administration expenses = costs of management, not including production, marketing or distribution costs
• Letters of administration = letter given by a court to allow someone to deal with the estate of a person who has died
Administration Staff : workers in the administration
• Administration Staff say they need the report immediately.
Administrative : adjective : referring to administration
• Administrative Details
• Administrative Expenses
Administrator : noun :
(a) person who directs the work of other employees in a business
(b) person appointed by a court to manage the affairs of someone who dies without leaving a will
From Adman to HOME PAGE