Admission, Admit, Admittance and Adopt
• There is a £I admission charge.
(b) saying that something really happened
• He had to resign after his admission that he had passed information to the rival company.
Admit : verb :
(a) to allow someone to go in
• Children are not admitted to the bank.
(b) to say that something is correct
(c) to say that something really happened
• The chairman admitted he had taken the cash from the company's safe.
NOTE : admitting & admitted
Admittance : noun : allowing someone to go in
• No admittance except on business
NOTE : no plural
Adopt : verb : to agree to (something) or to accept something
• To adopt a resolution
Ad Valorem : phrase : showing that a tax is calculated according to the value of the goods taxed
• Ad Valorem Duty