Business Dictionary :
Adverse, Advertise, Advert,
Advertisement and Advertiser
Adverse : adjective : bad (or) not helpful
• Adverse Balance Of Trade = situation when a country imports more than it exports
• Adverse Trading Conditions = bad conditions for trade
Advertise : verb : to announce that something is for sale (or) that a job is vacant or that a service is offered
• To advertise a vacancy
• To advertise for a secretary
• To advertise a new product
Ad : noun informal : ADVERTISEMENT
• We put an ad in the papers.
• She answered an ad in the paper.
• He found his job through an ad in the paper.
• Classified ads or small ads or want ads = advertisements listed in a newspaper under special headings (like property for sale ..... jobs wanted)
• Look in the small ads to see if anyone has a computer for sale.
Coupon Ad : advertisement with a form attached which is to be cut out and returned to the advertiser with your name and address for further information
Display Ad : advertisement which is well designed to attract attention
Advert : noun GB : informal : ADVERTISEMENT
• To put an advert in the paper
• To answer an advert in the paper
• Classified adverts
• Display advert
Advertisement : noun : notice which shows that something is for sale or that a service is offered or that someone wants something or that a job is vacant, etc.
• To put an advertisement in the paper
• To answer an advertisement in the paper
• Classified advertisements = advertisements listed in a newspaper under special headings (such as property for sale or jobs wanted)
• Display advertisement = advertisement which is well designed to attract attention
• Advertisement manager = manager in charge of the advertisement section of a newspaper
Advertiser : noun : person or company which advertises
• This catalogue gives a list of advertisers.
Advertising : noun : business of announcing that something is for sale or of trying to persuade customers to buy a product or service
• She works in advertising.
• He has a job in advertising.
• Advertising agent
• Advertising budget
• Advertising campaign
• Advertising agency = office which plans, designs and manages advertising for other companies
• Advertising manager = manager in charge of advertising a company's products
• Advertising rates = amount of money charged for advertising space in a newspaper or advertising time on TV
• Advertising space = space in a newspaper set aside for advertisements
• To take advertising space in a paper = to put an advertisement in a newspaper
NOTE : no plural
From Adverse to HOME PAGE